half a cup of dried chickpeas soaked overnight
3 tablespoons of Pure Blend Co Vegan Raw Cacao protein powder
strawberries for decoration
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of water
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight and blend them together with 3/4 of the banana.
2. Add the baking powder and the protein powder. The amount of the protein powder depends on the size of your banana and also the consistence of the protein powder. Just try a little bit until the dough has the right texture.
3. Pour about one tablespoon of the mixture into the preheated non sticking pan.
4. While the pancakes are cooking you can prepare the toppings. I used some strawberries and the rest of the banana, but you also can take some mango, coco nibs, or whatever you have at home at the moment.
5. After about 5 minutes you can flip your pancakes on the other side and wait until the other side is nice and brown. Then you can serve them and enjoy them!
The proof really is in the pudding with this recipe. Think goo-ey banana cake consistency, a sweet and sour kick from the raspberries, and the crunchy texture of toasted almonds. What’s more? This recipe doubles up as the perfect guilt free post workout snack.
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
Handful of frozen raspberries
2 scoops Pure Blend Co protein powder
Handful of flaked almonds
2 large eggs
200g self raising flour
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Lightly grease a loaf tin with olive oil.
2. Peel the bananas, add to a mixing bowl, mash with the back of a fork and put aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter with a wooden spoon until creamy.
4. Crack in the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
5. Fold in the flour, honey, mashed bananas and frozen raspberries.
6. Add to the loaf tin and top with some extra raspberries and the almonds.
7. Cook for 40 minutes or until golden & cooked through (test this by putting a knife through the middle, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked!).
One of our favourite flavours at Pure Blend Company is our Acai, Blueberry & Camu Camu Protein Protein, the perfect smoothie companion.
The acai berry is something relatively new in the health industry, but something that has been around for years hiding in the rain forests of the Amazon. It’s one of the healthiest berries out there, that has been heralded for centuries as a healing, immune-stimulating, energy-boosting fruit, and we’re going to tell you all about it.
Did you know that acai:
Acai berries are extremely high in anthocyanins, which is basically a type of antioxidant that supports balanced cholesterol levels.
This superfood helps you to both lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. Interestingly, a recent study showed the pulp found in the berry had the ability to reduce fat deposits in the study participants.
Gut health is something people are becoming increasingly open about at the moment and we are definitely on the band wagon for healthy guts all round. Acai actually helps keep the digestive system clean and functional. The berries have very powerful detoxification capacities and are a great source of dietary fiber.
Acai oil is a natural alternative to chemical based skin care products because of its high antioxidant content. However, by just eating the berries, you can provide your skin with the nutrition it needs for a healthy flow. Brazilians have been eating them for centuries to promote skin health.
If you’re one of those people who easily picks up the slightest sniffle easily, acai is the one for you. A study has found that the polyphenolic compounds extracted from acai reduced the proliferation of malfunctioning cells by up to 86%.