RAW CACAO AND GINGER ZOATS
By Jessica Srivastava 07. Jun. 2017
1/2 grated zucchini (courgette)
3/4 cup (65g) oats of choice
1/2 cup almond milk
Splash of water
1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
2-3tbsp liquid egg whites (or 1-2 egg whites if separating whole eggs)
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/4tsp ground ginger
1tbsp raw cacao powder
1tsp honey (optional)
2 heaped tbsp Pure Blend Co raw cacao hemp protein
Fresh, frozen or dried fruit e.g. sliced apple, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, goji berries
Seeds e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, chia, flaxseed, hemp
Muesli or granola
Yoghurt - I love using coconut yoghurt
Nut butter - Pip and Nut almond butter is my fav!
1. Place the courgette, oats, milk, water and coconut oil in a pan and bring contents to the boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and stir frequently for about 5 minutes - this is what helps to create a creamy texture and also ensures the zoats don't stick to the base of the pan.
3. Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the egg whites. As soon as you add them, stir vigorously until well combined for about 10-20 seconds to avoid the eggs scrambling.
The egg whites will add an amazing creamy texture and help bind the whole dish together.
4. Add the remaining ingredients
5. Pour into a bowl and add toppings of choice!