Fluffy and Delicious Banana Protein Pancakes
By Aneta 02. Sep. 2018
Ingredients (makes 8):
2 medium ripe bananas (around 250g)
juice from 1 lime
70ml oat milk
1 heaped tsp baking powder
30g Pure Blend Co Acai Berry, Blueberry & Camu Camu Whey Protein Powder (they work beautifully well with Maca & Vanilla or the Raw Cacao blends too!!)
30g coconut flour
80g semi fine rolled oats
2-3 tbsp coconut oil for frying (you can also melt and cool the oil and blend it with the liquid ingredients if you have a non stick pan)
1. Prepare two large bowls. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and keep them in separate bowls.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork (continue with the fork for the rest of the ingredients in this bowl) and add to the egg yolks.
3. Mix it roughly. Add the rest of wet ingredients and baking powder and make sure it’s well combined before adding protein powder, coconut flour and oats. Set aside.
4. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt using handheld mixer till they firm up to a stiff foam. Adding in small amounts at the time gently fold in the whites into the batter using a spatula.
Your goal is a fluffy and airy batter.
5. Fry your pancakes on low medium heat, adding a drop of coconut oil to the pan before each pancake (if you have melted the oil into the batter only add a drop to the pan before frying the first one and skip after that).
6. Use two generous tablespoons of batter per pancake. For chubbier pancakes use a small (10cm) diameter pan.
7. Stack them high, top with your favourite nut butter, yogurt, maple syrup, fruit or even nice cream and ENJOY!